The Corris Railway was built in 1859, originally being a horse-drawn tram-road until the arrival of steam engines in 1878. It is the first narrow-gauge railway in Mid-Wales. The first passengers were carried in 1883 and it closed to passengers in 1930 and completely in 1948.
The Corris Railway Museum opened in 1970 with occasional passenger services re-commencing in 2002 and regular steam-hauled services in 2005. The round trip takes fifty minutes and includes a guided tour of the 137-year old engine shed and workshops at Maespoeth. The Corris Railway Society is run by volunteers.
Map showing all The Great Little Trains of Wales